Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Panini screws the pooch again....

I first read about this set on Cards On Ice, but really couldn't believe what I read, so I dove into the interwebs and found out more.
Yes, Panini is putting out a 100 card Update/Traded boxed set for this year's Score Hockey. It'll set you back $20.
The catch? You know there is one.... 95% of the sets will only have cards #1-99 in them. That's right... they short printed card #100. How can you short print a numbered base card out of a factory set??

Once again, Panini screws the pooch and the collector in one fell swoop.


EDIT: it's so bad... that even Chris over at Stale Gum is giving Panini the middle finger. And when he comments on hockey, you know something stinks.

5 comments:

  1. Panini has done little right this year across the board. I like their Ice Kings and Tough Times insert sets, but that is about it.

    Although, I just bought a few packs of Pinnacle and they weren't terrible. Review to come later tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CB... again, insightful as ever! ;)

    Casey, agreed, I like their Ice Kings cards as well. I haven't seen Pinnacle in person yet. Look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Strasburg #661 all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to wait and see who the card is before I complain.

    The idea is similar to OPC update of last season but I can see the frustration some would have buying a incomplete factory set. I will laugh if Trish is right and it is Bettman which in that case I don't want the bonus card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys, what's the big deal. Just buy a case of 20 factory sets, and you'll get the elusive, short-printed #100.

    ReplyDelete