Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TTM success... 2/3 of the Triple Crown Line

Awhile back, I wrote a post called 1/3 of the Triple Crown Line. You can find it here. LINK. In it, I featured autographs from LA Kings all star left winger, Charlie Simmer.
Today, we fill in the other side of the ice, Kings all star right winger, Dave Taylor.
 Dave played 17 seasons in the NHL. 1100 games, 1100 points. 4 all star games. In a rarity, all 17 years with Los Angeles.
I wish I could've found a colour picture of him worth using, but this black and white one is still nice. I like how Dave used black sharpie for this one, but for the Triple Crown All Star photo, he used blue sharpie like Charlie Simmer did. Nice little extra effort there.
 Dave also signed three cards for me. His rookie, in purple and gold gloriousness...
 2nd year...
 and one from later in his career, after the Kings had changed to these horrid colour blind uni's.
I want to thank Dave for responding so quickly.
Now I have to track down Marcel Dionne. You'd think it would be easy... he owns a sports collectible shop in Ontario. But three emails and one phone call remain unanswered. I don't want to just blindly send this photo out without knowing IF he'll sign it. I've heard he charges for his auto now, and I'm fine with that. I just want to know it'll be him and not whomever is working in the store at the time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that thing is going to look SWEET framed if you get Dionne to sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it is worth, I had success and fast turnaround from the address listed on Sports Card Forum's site.

    He is charging 10 bucks per auto.

    ReplyDelete