Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tough as a wooden nickel

Okay, so maybe I'm mixing metaphors here... it wouldn't be the first time.
Over on Waxaholic, I promised you some Enforcers tonight. And that's just what I'm going to give you.
When I was browsing through the .25 cent binder at the last card show, I found a bunch of these Enforcer short prints from the 2006/07 Parkhurst set. I grabbed as many as I could.
Here we see Tiger in classic Kings garb. And we go old school as well... Bill Gadsby ladies and gentlemen.
Let me speed things up here..... I'll show you the other nine I got, joy of a completed page style.
He also had a bunch of the Captains short prints as well... I only picked up one. I was thinking about getting the rest, but the guy next to me got hold of the binder and snagged them all.
I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Oh, and I also bought this Raphael Diaz Crown Royal blue parallel rookie for $2. I probably paid too much for it, but meh... I like him, so it's okay.
And, as promised.... for those of you came over to see hockey fights, I give you Bob Probert vs. Todd Ewen. Not once, but twice. This was a hard fought game. There was a total of eight fights, including the two you are about to watch.



That's the only time EVER that Probie was knocked out. I remember him losing a couple to guys like Chris Nilan and John Kordic.... but I NEVER saw him knocked out like that.
But you know that if that happened in the first period.... there were still two periods for Probie to get even.
None of this 'quiet room' crap back then. Rub some dirt on it and get back in there!!!

1 comment: