Sunday, May 6, 2012

and another one....

because I need another set to work on..... I decided to go after the base cards in ITG's Captain C set.
It's only 100 cards. But each card is out of 150. There is a gold parallel as well, numbered to /50.
In order to start small, I decided to go after all of the Montreal players first. Then I found out they had 15 cards in the 100 card set.
Okay. It's better than 17. I found out that Kirk Muller and Chris Chelios were representing New Jersey and Chicago.

So here's my first few acquisitions. If you haven't seen them before, they're shiny!

Bill Durnan - one of the few goalie captains. Like recent history, it didn't work out to well.


Doug Harvey. One of the greatest defencemen in the history of hockey.
while I've picked up most of these for a dollar each at various card shows, a couple have been gifts. Including this Guy Carbonneau from bamlinden.
I've managed to acquire Henri, but still need his brother..... kind of...

Jean Beliveau . The Greatest captain of all time. And I am unanimous in this.
Saku Koivu, another gift from bamlinden
My captain growing up, Serge Savard.
Toe Blake... linemate of Elmer Lach and Maurice Richard.
now some goldies..... I traded for George Hainsworth...

another Carbonneau, this one given to my gratis by a bartender. Long story.
and finally the madman himself. Maurice Richard, $3 at the last card show.

so far so good... but there's a lot more to go. If anyone of you has any up for grabs, shoot me an email.

1 comment:

  1. For a guy who doesn't collect hockey, I sure like those. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete