One of, if not the greatest to ever put on skates is on the move again. Jaromir Jagr as we know and love his 'fro....
even though he now actually looks more like this...
is taking his talents to South Beach.
I read a few interesting tidbits about this particular swap, so I thought I'd
1. Jagr's first NHL game came before 10 of his teammates were born. Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathan Huberbeau, Brandon Pirri, Vincent Trocheck, Garrett Wilson, Erik Gudbranson, Dmitry Kulikov, Alex Petrovic and Aaron Ekblad.
2. Ekblad is the youngest of Jagr's new teammates. He was born on Feb. 7, the same day Jagr scored a goal for the Penguins against the Devils. Jagr scored 135 goals before Ekblad was born. Or 134, depending on exactly when Jagr's goal went in.
3. Jagr may have started in the NHL before the Panthers were founded, but he's actually played 104 fewer games than the Florida franchise because he spent three years playing in Russia in the middle of his career.
4. Despite playing in fewer games, Jagr has 128 more wins than the Panthers franchise.
5. Because Jagr's teams won more games than the Panthers, they made the playoffs more often. Jagr has played in 202 playoff games in his career, while the Panthers have only played 38. Florida scored 94 goals in those games, while Jagr has scored or assisted on 121 playoff goals.
Talk about providing some veteran leadership.
I for one hope this move gives the Panthers the last boost they need to grab the final playoff spot in the East. I would really enjoy watching Jagr in the playoffs one last time.
I suppose these guys will now need another member.
They're all from Calgary? Hmmmm.... I wonder how I'd look with a mullet? And where the hell can I get a Panther sweater?